Expert speaker, Carol Howell, is an Internationally Certified Dementia Practitioner, Endorsed Life Coach and Best Selling Author
“If you don’t laugh, I failed.” That is Carol’s motto anytime she has the opportunity to speak to a group of caregivers. Dementia is not a funny subject, but Carol strives to find the humor in all life situations. While her goal is to educate caregivers about dementia and the disease that is causing the dementia, she wants to leave each person with a sense of well-being and happiness that might have been lacking.
Some Topics Carol Covers
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s – Are they the same thing?
- What are the “Activities of Daily Living” and how do they change life for my loved one with dementia?
- Reversible and Irreversible Dementias – What are they?
- Why is a urinary tract infection BAD news?
- How do I approach someone with dementia for the best results?
- What is the HAM sandwich, and how does it help someone with dementia?
- How can I encourage my loved one to bathe?
- My loved one isn’t hungry. What can I do to help?
- Why are music and rhythm so important in a good caregiving situation?
- Is there an easy way to make sure my loved one dresses appropriately.
- Is there a cure for Alzheimer’s?
- These are just a few of the many topics presented in Carol Howell’s “Let’s Talk Dementia With A Splash of Humor” presentations. Each presentation is customized to your request and length of time available.
Complete the form below to schedule Carol for your event, seminar or media interview.
This video was recorded at Trinity United Methodist Church before a full house of concerned caregivers. Contact Carol to schedule your event.
“The feedback on your presentation was great! The audience really liked how you made the information easy to understand and entertaining! They really enjoyed the jokes, and the visual aid was perfect! Really good feedback, and I believe that was the largest turnout I’ve had so far! So great job!
Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day/life to come to Brookdale of Rock Hill and share your expertise with us! I do enjoy listening to you as well, and it’s always a pleasure!”
“I just wanted to thank you so much for participating and being our star speaker in our Health Fair. I have received such wonderful feedback from your presentation. It really was wonderful! It really makes such a wonderful impact when great people come to our community. We certainly hope you’ll be involved next year.”