I Just Need a Nap
I am willing to bet you are a busy person. You are a caregiver, and that is just one of the many titles you hold in your day-to-day life. I will also bet there are days when you are just pooped! Yep, POOPED! (In case you don’t know, that means you are exhausted, and I have no clue who decided to use the word “pooped” to mean that!)
I have so enjoyed setting time aside for ME. Here are a few suggestions of ways to relax.
1. Don’t answer your phone during your quiet time each day. God deserves your full attention.
2. Don’t answer your phone during your exercise time. You don’t need an excuse to stop exercising, so don’t answer that phone!
3. Don’t answer the phone during a meal. You deserve to eat in peace and quiet. Whoever is calling can wait. Besides, it will help aid digestion if you are relaxed while eating.
4. Find time to get your nails professionally cared for. Men and women alike benefit from a manicure and pedicure. Don’t forget about that haircut, also!
5. Always keep your doctor and dentist appointments.
6. Attend a play or musical performance
7. Add Spotify to your phone and add those songs you love most. Listen to them frequently.
8. Cook if you enjoy it, or avoid it if you don’t!
9. Take a nap.
10. Take another nap!
Taking a nap is important. Just a few minutes of sleep will help prepare you for the remainder of the day. This rest will make you more effective and will help your loved one enjoy life more.
One last thought, in case you didn’t get it –
TAKE A NAP! You deserve it!
Hope that gives you Something To Ponder.